Something Sweet & Sweet Treat Cups


I love it when a plan comes together!  I have been thinking about this layout for sometime now.  This card uses the newest of the treat cup stamp sets called Something Sweet. I think the gum ball machine is adorable! So what I have done here is I embossed the (hard to tell from the pic) the machine in real red and clear EP. I cut it out and attached the "handle" - now looks can be deceiving. The handle is not what you think. can you guess what I did?????
I took a clear rhinestone brad and popped the gem out (very carefully) and set it aside for another project (coming soon). Using the "legs" upside down, I attached them with a silver brad - this allows the handle to spin!!! The base of the gumball machine has been adhered with dimensionals.
 Now to make this card so that the recipient doesn't distroy it to get to the jelly beans, I cut and "X" with my hobby blade through the card. Both the white and black piece of cardstock have been punched with the 1 3/4" circle punch. Before putting the cup in place I adhered the designer paper and the white card together. I then layed the black and white cardstock onto the Jackpot designer paper (another item that I purchased almost a year ago and never used - I told myself to be patient and the right project would come along - and it did!!) and used the hobby blade and a ruler to cut an "X" in the center - this would allow me to put the jelly beans in and get them out with out messing up the card.  After that I stamped my greeting above the 1 3/4" hole, then put the sweet treat cup in place (through the white and black cardstock), removed the adhesive from the cup and put it on my card above the gumball base. I then pushed 6 jelly beans through the card and inside the treat cup - VOILA! One cute little gumball machine!

No comments:

Post a Comment