Never Throw Away Those Scraps - Magic Can Happen!!

Sometimes the most wonderful creations come from those scraps that you refused to toss out.  Case in point. I had cut out some silver foil ornaments (using the new Delicate Ornament Thinlits avail. Sept.1) and had 1 too many so I sat it aside (didn't want to waste it). I also had some dazzling diamond glimmer paper that I had colored with Marina Mist reinker from a while back. Somehow the 2 pieces of cardstock ended up beside each other and suddenly I knew what I wanted to do with them. I thought I would see if I could squeeze out the center piece of this ornament and the greeting (Christmas Greetings Thinlits) from the glimmer paper. Lucky me there was just enough not to waste any of the paper!! Voila a sparkly, shinny card. I love the silver and marina mist combo!  The snowflakes and the "christmas" greeting are from the Holly Jolly Greetings stamp set (available as of Sept. 1).  I also punched the corners of the white cardstock with a new Curvy Corner Trio Punch (also available Sept. 1) to finish off the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment