Vintage Watercolor

Well it has been far too long since my last post but sometimes life gets away from you. For the better part of a year I have been job hunting. Unbelievable how hard it has been but I am happy to say the I finally have landed a position back at Bell.  I am thrilled and so grateful to be going back and can't wait to start my new role in July.
That said I am going to send this thank you card to the folks that I interviewed with. 
I saw this technique that Michelle Last had posted on her website and couldn't wait to try it. So I am doing this with my May Tech club. I love how it turned out. The flowers were stamped and embossed (clear) first, then the background was water-colored using a clear block ('E') and directly stamping the ink to the block, spritzing it with water and then stamping it on water color paper. The edges were stamped with Timeless Texture and the flowers were colored with Blackberry Bliss and stems were color with Old Olive and Garden Green. Finally they were spritz with water to allow the colors to bleed. Once dried, the greeting was added. This is one of my favorite techniques that I have done in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment