Mirror Stamping with the Stamparatus - Animal Outings

I am so happy to say that this adorable stamp set and dies will be carrying over to the 2019 - 2020 catalog - especially because I simply haven't used it enough - lol!  I thought it would be great to use it at my technique class that I held this past weekend. 
This card is chalked full of techniques and truly is geared towards the avid stamper.
Here is the run down on the techs I have used on this card.

  1. Die cutting
    • The "mosaic" print on the soft suede cardstock, the branches and the branch with the tiny frog.
    • The oval and scallop ovals for the main image.
  2. Dry embossing
    • Using the Layered Leaves embossing folder after I die cut the "mosaics" - it is important to do this after you have done the die cutting. If you were to emboss first then die cut, you may find the impression from the embossing would be compromised (the plates kinda smoosh the impression down).
  3. Masking
    • I fussy cut 2 giraffes from post it notes.
  4. Brayering
    • I used the foam brayers (Love these! Makes blending ink much easier than with the rubber brayer) with So Saffron, Mango Melody & Cajun Craze inks over top of the masked giraffes.
    • I started with So Saffron, covering the entire piece of c/s. Then I used the Mango Melody starting about a 1/3 from the top of the giraffes. Then I added some Cajun Craze to the bottom 1/3 of the image and finally blended with the So Saffron from top to bottom.
  5. Mirror image stamping with the Stamparatus.
    • This is a really great technique. It can take a bit of time to get the image in the right spot to start, but once you have it, it is easy peasy to stamp.
Whew that is a lot! But nothing that my tech club stampers can't handle. They really enjoyed making this card and that makes me so happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment