Oh No.... I Didn't Just....



I know what you are thinking.... Christmas already??? Well, yes, sorry but I received my Holiday catalog pre-order and I couldn't resist trying out the new Balmy Blue Glimmer Paper, the Snowflake Wishes stamp set  and the Winter Snow embossing folder (OMG!! This folder is awesome and a MUST HAVE!!) - both the EF and glimmer paper will be available starting in Aug. You have to get these!
So a couple of notes when creating this card:
1. The embossing folder is quite thin - probably thinner than any of the others SU sells so the sandwich with the "old die" cutting machine (which will remain nameless - LOL) is the base plate, then the thin die adapter, the embossing folder and then the 3D embossing plate. 
2. Stamping with Versamark on silver foil paper.... not so easy - super duper slippery!! TAKE YOUR TIME!
3. To make life easy when adhering the snowflake, use the Adhesive sheets (thank you SU for bringing these back!) on the back of the Glimmer paper - makes adhering the snowflakes a breeze.

So here is the rest of what I used to create this card. The base is Balmy Blue, then I layered a piece of silver foil - I cut out the center so that I didn't waste what is hidden by the white embossed layer. All the snow flakes are from the Christmas Layers dies. The ribbon is actually the Pool Party Sheer ribbon of which I took my Balmy Blue Stampin' Blends to darken the ribbon - worked like a charm! The greeting was flagged with the Banners Pick a Punch - available August 2020 - and finally all the little itty bitty specks of Balmy Blue Glimmer Paper are the pieces that were inside each of the snowflake centers - wast not want not. I wanted to make sure I used every little piece of the gorgeous Balmy Blue glimmer paper. 
I hope you enjoy this little hint of Christmas! 
Need a copy of the Aug - Dec Holiday mini catalog? Live in Canada? Leave me a comment or use my "Contact Me" on the left side bar and I will pop one in the mail for you!  Happy Stamping!


Don't miss out on my Birthday Bash gift to you!
Only during the month of July - I will refund the shipping of your online order.
Click the image to find out more
 

No comments:

Post a Comment