Artfully Layered - A New Technique - Black Light Technique

 Hello and welcome to For The Love of Stamping. My name is Tracie St-Louis and I am from Ottawa, Ontario Canada. I have been a Stampin' Up! demonstrator for 16 years! It's funny because when I first got my starter kit I never imagined still going strong after 16 years!  

I am feeling a bit dramatic today and thought I would put that feeling on paper (or should I say a card). I feel like I am a bit behind in my stamping posts but am happy to share this card that I designed. I think I have created a new technique and am calling it Black Light Technique. It uses a new stamp/die bundle called Artfully Layered. This bundle gives me all the feels for a sunny hot vacation with the ferns and palm-like leaves.  I am enjoying playing with it.  If I had to categorize this card I would put it in the intermediate to avid crafter category. 


Here are the list of supplies that I have used on this card.

Steps
  1. I started with a base in Gorgeous Grape (8.5" x 5.5" folded in half)
  2. I embossed a layer of black cardstock with the Stitched Greenery die and adhered it to the card base.
  3. I die cut 2 outline leaves and 2 of the leaf sprays from Tropical Layers dies.
    1. Paper piece the green into the center of the purple outline piece and do the same with the purple into the outline of the green leaf.
  4. Die cut 2 solids leaves from the Tropical Layers dies
    1. Flip the solid leaves over and adhere the layers from step 3.1
  5. Assemble all the leaves on the card as shown in the picture above.
  6. Adhere purple rhinestones (retired Noble Peacock rhinestones) on the card as shown above.
  7. Emboss sentiment on black cardstock with white ink and embossing powder.
    1. Fussy cut and adhere with black dimensionals to card front
  8. Tie a bow with the Gorgeous Grape sheer ribbon and adhere to card as shown above with a glue dot.
Thank you for stopping by today! I hope you are inspired to make this card. All the supplies can be found here.

Happy stamping!
Hugs,
Tracie

No comments:

Post a Comment