Floating Strips Technique - Paradise Palms

 

Paradise Palms
I need to be here!
    Hello and welcome to my blog! Today I was inspired to share with you the Floating Strip technique featuring various shades of blue. This technique really is fun technique and a great way to use up your strips of cardstock. The blue variations from top to bottom I have used are
  • Night of Navy, 
  • Brilliant Blue (retired SU color), 
  • Pacific Point, 
  • Tahitian Tide (new 2022 - 2024 In Color) & 
  • Balmy Blue
    I started by die cutting a circle (3") from Window Sheets. Next I layered the strips in an ombré fashion using liquid adhesive. Once it was dry, I trimmed (from the back) the strips around the circle. This was adhered with dimensionals to the white card layer.
    Next, I have die cut from black cardstock the palm tree and the landscape from Palms dies and adhered them to the card as shown above. The birds (On The Horizon) were stamped in black directly on the card layer and the sentiment was stamped and fussy cut. I then finished the card with some blue rhinestones to complete the look.
    Thank you for stopping by. I hope you give this technique a try. Feel free to leave me a comment below.
Happy stamping!
Hugs,
Tracie

2 comments: