Tree Lot Sunset

Tree Lot dies
Hello and welcome to For The Love of Stamping! Today is Canada Day and I am sharing a card with you that takes me back to my childhood and spending my entire summers camping! I have so many fond memories camping at Brown's Bay campground and then in my early teens on Graham Lake. I really do miss those days. The smell of the campfire, swimming in the St. Lawrence River and learning how to water ski on Graham Lake - such great memories.  Sunsets were my favorite time of the day. So, today's post is in memory of those amazing sunsets! 

This new Sale-A-Bration die set is called Tree Lot (camper & spruce trees) and is FREE with a $60 net order between July & August 2023. It has so much potential - everything from Retirement to Christmas! I decided to match this up with Grassy Grove dies (silhouette frame).  I love the look of the silhouette on the sunset. To create the sunset I ink blended the background with Mango Melody, Polished Pink and Magenta Madness inks using a Blending Brush. This was adhered to the silhouette frame (die cut in black) and then popped up on black foam strips. The camper and the top layer of the spruce trees were die cut from black glimmer paper to give the card some sparkle. Finally I  heat embossed the sentiment (Let's Set Sail) & fussy cut. Next time I would stamp and emboss directly on the silhouette frame for a cleaner look.

Happy Canada Day & happy stamping!

Hugs, Tracie


2 comments: