Shaker Card with Word & Shadow Dies

Don't you love it when you get 2 for the price of 1?  Well that is what get with this fun shaker card technique using a word & shadow die!

CARD # 1 - Shaker Card

I started by ink blending on white cardstock (piece measures  4 1/4" x 5 1/2" - we will cut it down later) using Daffodil Delight, Polished Pink and Tahitian Tide. I love the colors you get when you overlap the colors (my favorite is the purple that is created with the Polished Pink and Tahitian Tide)!
Next,  line up the shadow die (I used the Hugs die from Simon Says Stamp) over the rainbow of color & run through your embossing machine. Be sure to save the cut out for the second card. 
Cut your layer down to 3 7/8 x 5 1/8". Stamp the sentiment above the opening using black ink.
Next, adhere a piece of window sheet on the backside of the card to cover up the hole. Outline (on the back side) the window with foam tape and add your sequins (I think I used a few too many sequins) inside the frame. Then adhered piece of white over top to keep the sequins inside the window. Now adhere a layer of black cardstock (4" x 5 1/4") behind and then adhere to your cardbase. 
Die cut 3 layers of the words and adhered them together and then in the center of the window. Finish the card with some sequins.

CARD #2 - Using the Leftovers

Using the piece that came from card #1, create a focal point in the center of a card. First, stamp the sentiment in black ink on white and run it through your embossing machine with an embossing folder (I used Tufted - SU retired). Adhere this layer to black cardstock and then to the card base. Next, die cut 3 of the sentiment from white cardstock and adhere them together. Then adhere the sentiment layers to the "leftover" rainbow die cut from card #1. Adhere this layer to the card front. Finish you card with some sparkle - I used Dazzling Details - Silver Sparkle (SU retired).

See 2 for the price of 1!!
I hope you have fun trying this out!  Leave me a comment below and let me know what you think!  Happy stamping!!
Hugs,
Tracie

No comments:

Post a Comment