Adorable Owls with Alphabet a la Mode


Adorable Owls
There is a new die set from Stampin' Up! in the Jan. - April 2023 mini catalogue called Alphabet A-La-Mode. It is a dainty die set of letters and a few shapes that are perfectly sized for cards and scrapbook pages. 
Here I have die cut the letters and added a pop of white to each by dotting a white gel pen on the letters. I love the affect!  It just adds a little something to the matte black that makes the letters pop. I designed the "Love U" card first and then a second card using the dies to create the word "HUGS". The possibilities are endless.  Both options  work perfectly with the Adorable Owls (level 1 SAB item) stamp set - in particular the owl with the wings folded together.
Adorable Owls with Alphabet A-La-Mode

I stamped, fussy cut (without the party hat) and then colored the owl with Stampin' Blends. I then cut a slit around the upper edges of the wings and tucked a tiny heart (Give it a Whirl dies) into the slot.

The owls were layered with dimensionals onto hearts using the Heart Punch Pack.

The tiny hearts also are part of the Alphabet A-La-Mode die set. I die cut 5 and randomly placed them on my card.

 

Check out my video tutorial for this card.

Happy stamping!

Hugs,

Tracie

No comments:

Post a Comment