Key to My Heart - Alternative Paper Pumpkin Card

So if you know me, I tend not to follow instructions and can't help myself to change things up. Case in point, check out this completely see through card I made with the Key to my Heart Jan. 2023 Paper Pumpkin kit!

When I first received the kit in the mail I was a bit disenchanted with it. It didn't quite fit "my style". And what is funny is that I thought that I had suspended the Jan. kit - but obviously I was mistaken. Well you know what they say, when you are given lemons... make lemonade.... and that is what I have done.

Here is are the sample ideas that come with the kit.

The kit contains enough supplies to make 9 cards with envelops.

There is a spool of twine and a Fresh Freesia ink spot (I do LOVE this color) along with some die cuts to make the cards. 

Key to My HeartWith my love for purple I was immediately drawn to the Fresh Freesia & gold card base - so pretty! 

Recently I stumbled across a fun card idea called "Completely See Through" card technique and was inspired to create this card using the Key to My Heart kit.

I started with the card base and die cut through the front and the back in one pass with my die cutting machine and the stitched sweetheart die from in the Love and Happiness bundle (retired). 

Next, I cut a white layer for the inside and line it up in the card and die cut a matching heart.

I then added a layer of window sheet to the inside bottom panel and covered it with the layer of white. This gave my a place to add the "Love you" die cut (Nothing Better Than bundle). I finished the card with a double Fresh Freesia bow, some tiny hearts (die cut from the Cracker & Treat dies) and some gold sequins. 


Here is a view of the card that shows that it is see through. 
This was such a fun card to make. I really love that you can see through the card and that the die cut words look like they are floating freely. 

I hope I have inspired you to look passed the instructions and venture out to create something magical!

I am looking forward to next month's paper pumpkin kit as it coordinates with the Playing in the Rain bundle from the Jan - April 2023 mini catalogue.

 

Happy stamping!
Hugs,
Tracie




No comments:

Post a Comment