Playing in the Rain - Diagonal Joy Fold Card

Here's a little twist on a Joy Fold card where there are 2 layers that open up to reveal the
sentiment inside the card. I was inspired to try this fold after seeing one that Tami White created. I love fun fold cards and really like the play on this one. I am using the Playing in the Rain Bundle and the matching Rain or Shine DSP. 

The base color is Balmy Blue with Silver Foil and Rain or Shine DSP. Creating the triangle layers is super easy. Just cut your layers 1/4" smaller than the base layer and then cut on a diagonal from upper left to bottom right corner. It is important to note that if you are using directional DSP where there is clearly a "right side up" then be sure to double check before you actually adhere the DSP to the layering levels - ask me how I know - LOL.  Oh well, not a big deal to have to tear the layer off and then adhere the right one - oops!

The bunny was die cut from the DSP and the puddle underneath his feet was fussy cut from the DSP. The clouds were stamped in Versamark and embossed with silver EP. The sun is a die from Around the Bend. I don't have a sun stamp & or die so I improvised.  I think it turned out ok!

Here is what the card looks like when you open the layers. 

I have added a layer of Lemon Lolly (a new color coming May 2) and then a layer of white.

The sentiment is from the February Paper Pumpkin kit - it works perfectly with my card!

Well I hope you enjoy today's post and give this card a try!

Happy stamping,

Hugs, Tracie

No comments:

Post a Comment