Pressed Petals DSP - Stampin' Dreams Blog Hop



Welcome to the Stampin' Dreams Blog Hop! I am excited to show you what I have come up with for this months theme - Favorite DSP.  OMG there are so many to choose from!  How do I choose just one? 


So here is what I decided on.  I love the new Pressed Petal Specialty DSP. It has become one of my favorites!  The colors are absolutely gorgeous and the details in the design of each sheet is stunning. Each sheet has so much texture and detail. It makes crafting with it a breeze!. 
I have chosen to use this piece with the pink/plum colored flowers from the package as it coordinates beautifully with one of my favorite colors - Blackberry Bliss, but look at all the gorgeous options!


To make my card you will need the following new 2019 - 2020 products: 
  • Pressed Petals Specialty DSP - (cut at 2" x 5 1/2")
  • Pressed Petals Specialty Washi Tape (5 petals for the flower)
  • Detailed Band dies (I used Petal Pink cardstock to die cut the shape)
  • Band Together stamp set (the large flower) 
Steps:

  1. First of all, stamp the large flower in Blackberry Bliss ink and stamp several flowers on the right side of the card base. 
  2. Then layer the strip of DSP to the left side of the card (this is a tent fold card - fold is at the top of the card and not the side).
  3. Then die cut the center band from Petal Pink card stock. 
  4. Stamp the greeting in Versamark and emboss with gold embossing powder. Die cut with the oval shape (comes with the Detailed Bands dies) and adhere to the center of the Petal Pink band. 
  5. Stamp and die cut the top right leaf and die cut the other leaf - both using Mossy Meadow card stock / ink. Adhere behind the band.
  6. Adhere the band to the center of the card. 

To make the flower is super easy. Each petal on the roll comes off individually.  All I did was punch a 1/2" circle for the base and stuck the "point" of each petal to the middle of the circle. Then I punched a 1/2" glimmer gold circle and adhered it with a glue dot to the center of the flower. The flower was then adhered to the card with a dimensional.
Here is a snapshot of the Pressed Petal Washi Tape. There are 2 different rolls that are sold together.  


 Hope you enjoy my card! Now hop on over to the next blog to see the beautiful creations! Happy hopping!  

8 comments:

  1. I Love this DSP! Can't wait to get my hands on it. Lovely card too. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card - the perfect showcase for the papers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely showcase, great colour selection to show of the DSP, tfs

    ReplyDelete
  4. The washi flower looks so pretty with the die cut label behind it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous way to showoff the delightful DSP, Tracie. Thanks for the inspiration. xx

    ReplyDelete