Blossoms In Bloom Watercolor Wash

I often forget how easy it is to do a watercolor wash. And with the new Stampin' Up! water painters a consistent effect is even easier to achieve. In the 2020-2021 annual catalog Stampin' Up! has included these new water painters. There are 3 sizes one of which is a "brush" - which I used to create the gradient affect on the background of my card. Here I have used 2 shades of yellow: So Saffron and Mango Melody. To do a watercolor wash simply grab a large block and tap the ink pad on the corner. Lightly spritz your card stock (I used shimmery white) with water.
Use the water painter to blend some water into the ink and then "paint" it across the card stock. Repeat the process with the first color until you achieve the desired shade. Then add your 2nd color in the same way, blending the two colors at the edges of each color. Allow the card stock to dry before you attempt to stamp on top.
The floral layer was created with the Stitched Rectangle dies and Many Layered Blossom dies. The greeting (Happiest of Birthdays) has been stamped onto a Stitched Triangle die cut of which I have also stamped some flowers from the Blossom in Bloom stamp set using So Saffron and then rolling the edges of the stamp in Flirty Flamingo prior to stamping on the card stock. The final touches of my card are the Rainbow Glimmer flowers and the champagne rhinestones. 
Don't miss out on my Birthday Bash gift to you!
Only during the month of July - I will refund the shipping of your online order.
Click the image to find out more

 

No comments:

Post a Comment