Ink-Stamp-Share August 2020 Blog Hop


Welcome to the Ink~Stamp~Share August 2020 Blog Hop. This month's theme requires us to create a project using anything from  the new holiday mini catalog. I have chosen the Gift Wrapped stamp and punch bundle to create this special fold.  I wanted to make something different - something I had never seen before. So I invented a new special fold which I am calling a "Platform Fold" card.
Gift Wrapped Platform FoldAs you can see my card isn't your typical format. The card front is  shorter than the card back. To create this fold you will need a piece of thick Whisper White cardstock measuring 4-1/4 x 11", scored it at 2-1/2" and 8". The 2-1/2" section forms the platform base (folded back) and the 3" section forms the card front. My card has been designed to look like a present but I can see this style of card used for other applications such as a dress where the top layer forms the collar or even a shirt with the top as a lapel. 
Gift Wrapped
To create the Pretty Peacock triangle, I started with a 4" x 2-3/4" piece of Pretty Peacock and marked the center of  the 4" edge @ 2". Then cut from the mark to the top corners to form the triangle. I repeated this with the Brightly Gleaming DSP, but used a piece of DSP a quarter inch smaller (3-3/4" x 2-1/2") and then layered it on top of the Pretty Peacock triangle.  The bow, was stamped and punched out using the Gift Wrapped bundle and then colored with Stampin' Blends and finished with clear Wink of Stella. The trim along the bottom edge of the top of the card was die cut with Be Mine Stitched dies in copper foil
Now to support the card, I have made a
"mechanism" using a piece of thick white cardstock measuring 1/2" x 4-3/4" of which I scored at 1/2", 2 1/2", 4 1/4" and adhered one section (2" section) directly to the back of the card. The other piece has been left loose so that you can fold down the card and put into an envelop. If you find that the support mechanism doesn't stay in place then use some re-positional adhesive on the 1/2" section.
Gift WrappedJust for fun here is another version - this time using Cherry Cobbler for Mrs. Claus' dress. I hope you have enjoyed my new fancy fold card!  I will be posting a video soon! Be sure to check back in the next couple of days.
Now please continue hopping onto the next blog. Kirsty Pattrick is up next.


Roll Call






12 comments:

  1. oooooh! Very neat fancy fold!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo I love a good fancy fold, will have to give this one again, thank you for sharing and hopping with us this month x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing a fold - esp a newly invented one - will have to have a go at this one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I've never seen this fold before. I'm going to add it to my ideas board!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Tracie, such a clever fancy fold :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing fancy fold design. Simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never seen this fold before, i really like your card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your card, not a fancy fold I have come across and look forward to trying it out. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw Cute card thank you for hopping with us this month

    ReplyDelete