Stampin' Dreams Blog Hop - Oct 2020 - Halloween



Welcome to the October Stampin' Dreams Blog Hop. Our theme this month is Halloween.  Halloween is not typically when I give cards but I am going to take a step outside of my comfort zone and give it a go!  For my card I am using the Have A Hoot bundle - I love the little owls in this set and it is multi-purpose - Christmas and Halloween. That said, it could even be used for Birthdays & Anniversaries (check out my anniversary card for my hubby & another anniversary card that I made)!
Here are the supplies that I used to make my Halloween card. Start with Bumblebee cardstock as the base. Add a layer of Basic Black (5-1/4" x 4") and then the Plaid Tidings DSP (5-1/8" x 3-7/8"). Cut another piece of Basic Black and run through your die cutting machine with the Subtle EF. Using the Peek-a-hoot dies, use the "window frame" (not sure what to call it but this will do) and run the embossed black cardstock through your die cutting machine to create the "windows". Now stamp the owl images in Memento, color with Stampin' Blends and die cut. Use dimensionals to adhere them within the right side windows.
Now to make the "BOO" and the spider web, I die cut them with Black Glitter paper. The "BOO" was die cut using the Playful Alphabet dies and the spider web was die cut using the Peek-a-hoot dies.  
These pieces are small & intricate making it difficult to adhere them to the card. To make it easy, you should use the adhesive sheets!  LOVE THESE for intricate die cuts like the web. All you do is, line the back of your cardstock with the adhesive sheet and then run it through your die cutting machine, peel off the adhesive backing and place it on your project - easy peasy!  

Of course, Halloween wouldn't be complete without a little treat bag. Now would it?
Using leftover die cuts from the card, I have created this cute little goody bag. These are so easy to make and always fun to give away. 
I hope you have enjoyed my Halloween projects! Be sure to hop on over to the next blog to see more awesome and inspiring Halloween projects by some VERY talented people! You won't regret it!




You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

6 comments:

  1. Very cute!!! I am a plaid girl, combined with your cute window scenes makes a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are awesome Tracie....totally love the plaid. Thanks for hopping along with us xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute project. The more I see this plaid paper the more I want it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great projects Tracie, I love that you have used all 3 tag dies on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these projects. Owls are perfect and cute treat bag too !

    ReplyDelete