Curvy Celebrations - Quite Curvy Birthday Card

 

Welcome back! Here is my next design using the new (now available) Quite Curvy bundle. This time I am using the Quite Curvy stamp set and coordinating Curvy dies.

I love pastel colors and this card features my favorite color tones - blue (Seaside Spray), purple (Purple Posy) and pink.

It funny, sometimes you stash away stuff (like DSP) that you aren't quite sure what to do with and suddenly the light bulb turns on and an idea comes to mind (then you have to search all over the place for that "special" place that you said you would never forget where you put it! - lol - this ever happen to you???). Well enough of my nonsense and let me tell you how I made this lovely card.

I started with a card base in Purple Posy and layered a 4" x 5-1/4" piece of the Feels Like Frost DSP on top.  I cut a piece of Seaside Spray cardstock at 4" x 5-1/4" and using the Curvy dies I ran it through my die cutting machine to create the lower section. The with the remaining piece I ran it back through my die cutting machine so that I could get matching edges of the pretty flourishes. I adhered this to the top of the DSP and then stamped the sentiment in Gorgeous Grape ink.

I stamped 5 little birds and colored them with Purple Posy and Seaside Spray (both dark) and die cut them with the Curvy dies (yes there are 3 little bird dies!). I then stamped 2 of the flourish sprays in Memento and colored them as well with Purple Post, Seaside Spray and Just Jade - oooohhh I love these colors together! All the pieces were adhered to the card and the final touch was to add pearl in the centers of the die cut borders and at the ends of the sentiment.

I hope you are inspired by my creation and encouraged to purchase the (early release) Quite Curvy bundle


No comments:

Post a Comment