Crisp and Clean

I have been playing more with the Stampin' Up! Blending Brushes and wanted to share with you this card that I created today. I love this color pallet of "blues and greens" on white - don't you?
It is crisp and clean!
Blending Brushes, Stitched With Whimsy
Making this card was relaxing. Using the new Stampin' Up! blending brushes (#153611) are my new favorite way to add color.
To make this card I started with a layer of white cardstock which I ran through my die cutting machine with the Stitched With Whimsy dies. I then began to add color starting with the lightest shade of blue - Coastal Cabana. I then applied Bermuda Bay and finished with Pacific Point resulting in an ombré look.
I punch 2 medium daisies and without "re-dipping" my blending brush into the ink pad, I merely used what was on the brush to add a bit of color to the top daisy.  The center of the daisy are 2 layers. - both were die cut using Poppy Moments
The green ferns were die cut from the Forever Flourishing dies in Granny Apple Green. Using my "green" blending brush (I have one brush for each color family) I applied some Granny Apple Green ink to the Granny Apple cardstock to give it an ombré look.
The blue fern is Balmy Blue cardstock, brushed with Pacific Point ink. I was so excited to see how this changed the Balmy Blue cardstock to Turquoise (a color that I dearly miss from the Stampin' Up! color selections).  Now I know how to create the color.
I used my Granny Apple Green Stampin' Blends marker (dark) to color 5 rhinestones for the front of the card. And finally I added a greeting which I embossed in white on black cardstock. This greeting is from Approaching Perfection - a FREE SAB stamp set with a net $60 purchase. 
I hope you enjoyed my project today!  I hope you are inspired to get your hands on some Stampin' Up! Blending Brushes.

No comments:

Post a Comment