Whimsical Balloons In The Clouds

 

Hello and welcome back to For The Love of Stamping. If this is your first time here, thank you so much for popping over! 

Today's post is a colorful & whimsical Birthday card featuring a stamp from Penguin Place (balloons - July - Dec 2021mini catalog). Now the balloons as you see them here in my picture are not how they look when you stamp them. 

I wanted to give a bit of whimsey to my card so I stamped the balloons first and then traced around them with a Black Stampin' Write® marker and then punched them out with a (retired) Stampin' Up!® punch (Balloon Bouquet). I was so surprised to see that the stamp matched perfectly with the smaller balloon on the punch!  See it pays to keep some things - LOL!!

The background clouds were created using the Basic Border dies. Simply die cut the scalloped edged die and use a Blending Brush® to add the Balmy Blue clouds.

Using the Stitched With Whimsey dies, I created the border around the top layer.

Next, using the Playful Alphabet dies, die cut "H*A*P*P*Y from Coastal Cabana cardstock. Then add the black dots with a Black Stampin' Write® marker. How neat does this look!

Stamp the sentiment in White Craft ink and emboss with White EP on Highland Heather cardstock.

To assemble the card, I started with the HAPPY letters first, centering them down the middle of the card. I then adhered the balloons with Tombow (the top one I used dimensionals). Stamp the balloon string (Penguin Place) using Memento ink and then add the "BIRTHDAY" with dimensionals. The final touch was to add some clear Wink of Stella to each of the balloons for some shimmer.

I hope you enjoyed today's post!

Happy stamping!

Hugs, Tracie



No comments:

Post a Comment