Be Dazzling - Adding Color

 

Sea Life; Layering Diorama
Hello and welcome to For the Love of Stamping! 

Today I am sharing with you a tip on how to add color to the new (Free SAB coming Aug. 2021) Be Dazzling specialty paper.

The paper is the beautiful chunky glitter that sparkles and dazzles and is stunning just the way it is. However, I wanted to see what would happen if I were to try to add some color with Blending Brushes!

Check out that gorgeous Sea Horse. I have blended Pacific Point, Gorgeous Grape and Mango Melody to create this multi-colored Sea Horse!  WOW that is incredible!!

To make this card I have used the Sea Life  and Layering Diorama dies. To start, die cut the sea horse from the Be Dazzling paper. Then start with Pacific Point and a Blending Brush®. Be generous with the color. Once you have completed the Pacific Point, move to the next color which is Gorgeous Grape. I have generously added this color to the right side of the sea horse. Finally on the left side of the sea horse, add Mango Melody.

Here are a few points to keep in mind when applying the color

  1. It is messy! The ink will not adhere to the glitter per say but will adhere in between.
  2. Wear gloves if you don't want ink all over your fingers.
  3. Dab the surface between colors with paper towel as to not transfer the ink to the next ink pad.

I also have used the Blending Brushes to add some Pacific Point to the Expressions in Ink DSP. The top portion of this was white, adding a wee bit of Pacific Point continues the look of underwater.

The sea coral was die cut using the Sea Life dies and the Gold & Rose Gold Specialty Paper. I used the Blending Brushes to add some Mango Melody to the gold coral to brighten up the color. Love how this turned out.

I colored a rhinestone with a black Stampin' Blends® marker and added 3 of the 2021 - 2023 In Color Jewels as bubbles.

Finally I stamped the sentiment and using the Layering Diorama dies I created a unique label that I adhered over the coral. To do this you die cut the sentiment with the smallest of the dies and then run it through a 2nd time with the same die in a different position - easy peasy!

I hope that this FREE SAB item will be the first you choose when SAB begins on Aug. 3. If you live in Canada and are in need of the SAB and or the winter mini catalog, please use the contact me button at the top to let me know and I will send them out to you.

Happy stamping!

Hugs,

Tracie



No comments:

Post a Comment