Crafty Collaboration Valentine's Day Blog Hop

Hello and welcome to For The Love of Stamping. Today's post is for a Valentine's Day Blog Hop. My creation is a "Minimalist Card" where all I am using is red and white. I have created 2 versions. Here is the first one. 

  


I have chosen to use a new bundle from the Jan to June mini catalog called Love & Happiness with the coordinating Bouquet of Love Hybrid embossing folder.
  1. I started with a white base and a white layer on top.  
  2. Then I die cut 2 hearts (1 large white and 1 small red) from the Love and Happiness bundle
  3. Emboss both with the Bouquet of Love Hybrid embossing folder
  4. Adhere the white heart directly on the card front.
  5. Die cut some small hearts using the Floral Heart dies - adhere 2 red and 1 white to the end of a floral wire.
  6. Adhere over the white heart.
  7. Punch 3 white boughs using the Bough punch and adhere with glue dots as shown in picture.
  8. Adhere the red heart with dimensional over the floral wires.
  9. Add 2 polished dots to the red heart.
  10. Add a white heart (Floral Heart dies) to the red heart.
  11. Adhere 3 small red hearts (Floral Heart dies) to the card front as shown in picture.
  12. Using a red and black Stampin' Write marker ink up the sentiment, huff to remoisten the ink and stamp on white cardstock.
  13. Die cut sentiment using the label die from Love & Happiness dies.
  14. Adhere to card with a double layer of dimensionals.

And here is my second card. Sometimes 1 is not enough. I have used Meadow and Love You More Than dies in addition to the supplies listed above for this one. 

Which one do you like better? I couldn't decide.



Thank you for stopping by my blog today. I hope you enjoyed my tutorial. Be sure to continue your journey onto the next blog.
For this one I have used the Meadow & Love You More Than dies.

11 comments:

  1. The sprigs are such a great addition to this beautiful card! You make it look so easy and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words I really appreciate it. Those "sprigs" are actually floral wires for cakes. Let's just say they had a mind of their own! But in the end.... I won - lol

      Delete
  2. Tracie, I just love this card! It is so unique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Robbie. I couldn't decide which card to post - so I posted both :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Wow! Wow! This card is absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Candi. Which one do you like better? The first one or the second?

      Delete