Hippest Hippos - Let's Par-Tay!

Hippest Hippos
Sometimes you come across a stamp set that just inspires you to be
creative. Hippest Hippos is one of those sets for me. This stamp set and coordinating dies will be available for free during Sale-A-Bration that runs between July & Aug. 2022. 

Today I am showing you how to create depth and texture on a single layer card.  Start with a stencil, blending brush and ink. Begin with your color in one corner and continue to add more color. Here I have created an ombré look to the bricks. The pop of Tahitian Tide gives the card a whimsical look - definitely a fun play on color and image - quite different than the typical brown/grey bricks. 

Add more depth by creating a shadow under the hippo to make it look like the ground surface. Here I chose to use light grey, again keeping with the same ombré theme that I created with the bricks.  You will need a piece of paper, masking tape or post-it tape to create the look. You will blend the ink below the edge of the masked off area with a blending brush. Keep your blending soft and try to avoid harsh edges or "splotches" by starting your blending of the edge of the paper and blend inwards.

For more depth on a single layer card you can die cut images and pop them up using dimensional foam pieces. I have done this with the Hippo, butterflies, balloons & sentiments.

My final tip for dimension is to heat emboss your sentiment in white on black cardstock as I have done here.

Here is a list of the products I used to create this card. You can order these by click on the links

I hope yo will give these tips a try on your next single layer card.

Happy stamping!

Hugs,

Tracie

No comments:

Post a Comment