Skyline Technique

Hello and welcome to my blog. Today I am sharing a technique that I taught my club members today. This is a fun fold card that is quite different than others I have seen. It is called a Skyline Card because of the way it stands up. Have you tried the Skyline technique for card making?

It is quite a unique fun fold and not too hard to make. My design uses Merriest Tree dies, Give It a Whirl (tree skirt), Shining Brightly DSP, Melon Mambo & Granny Apple Green foil & the Snowflake Sky embossing folder.



Don't be intimidated with all the pieces. It isn't difficult to make. 
To start you will need 2 pieces of 6 1/2" x 5 1/2" white cardstock, a scoreboard, some foil paper and designer paper. 
Each section is 1 1/2" wide and each vary in height starting at 2 1/2" to 5 1/2". The card measures 9 1/2" W x 5 1/2" H fully stretched out, but will fold down to fit a regular size envelope.

Before I made the one above I made a (much larger) version of the Skyline Card Technique. This one measures 15" W x 7" H fully stretched out. Here I have used the polar bear scene (I couldn't "bear" to cut this into smaller pieces) of the DSP from Beary Christmas DSP because it lends itself perfectly to show off this stunning artwork. The circle in the middle is backed with a shadow layer of blue foil paper. Both layers were cut with the deckled circle dies.
 


I hope that I have inspired you to give this technique a go.
Happy Stamping
Hugs, Tracie


 


No comments:

Post a Comment