Kre8tor's May Blog Hop - Floral

Welcome to Kre8tor's May Blog Hop!  This month's theme is "Floral".   Spring has sprung! The trees are budding and flowers are starting to bloom. The grass is green and the sun is shining! After a long winter I just love this time of year!  What a fitting theme! 
I have for you a card that I am really proud of! I have made a mother's day card featuring the beautiful flower from the Band Together stamp set. The technique that I used is masking. I like how this technique gives depth to the images making them looked like they have been layered on top of each other. 

Making this card is not as hard as you would think. First make the mask by stamping the flower on a post-it note and then fussy cutting around the image - slightly inside the outer edge of the stamped image. Once that was done I was able to start stamping, using the mask to cover the "top" flower. To blend the color I have used a clear Wink of Stella - this is one of my favorite ways to color. The Wink of Stella pulls the ink into the center of the image and it makes it sparkle! 
The images were framed with the Stitched Rectangles using Blackberry Bliss card stock. The corner focal point uses the Detailed Band Dies to diecut the flower and leaves and some vellum card stock for the frosted leaves (die cut from Poppy Moments dies).
As for the greeting, well...... this is 1 of many different options - sometimes that happens... I just can't decide what to do with the greeting and all of the sudden.. "whamo" ! a magical moment happens and it all comes together!

Thank you for stopping by. I hope I have inspired you! Now hop on over to the next blog to see some more beautiful creations.

Roll Call List

20 comments:

  1. Very pretty card. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely!! I love the dies in this bundle, but have been pretty stumped on the stamp set. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card!! Love the flower in the corner...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Masking Job!! I love this card. Thank You for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very Pretty!! Makes a wonderful Mother's Day Card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way you used the flowers in the background and as a vocal point. It gives a sense of depth!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful! I love the mask technique and you've done it beautifully! Thanks so much for sharing and for hopping with us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a talented design!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your colour palette and your masking is just PERFECT <3 Cheers Shaz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card, pretty colous x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty Mother's Day card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. SO pretty - love how you have layered the flower in the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card Tracie, TFS

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty cards, thanks for sharing, Stay safe x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card and technique. Thanks for the inspiration, x

    ReplyDelete
  16. So Pretty, Tracie! Love the dimension!

    ReplyDelete