Stampin' Dreams Blog Hop - August 2020 - Holiday Catalog

Welcome to the August 2020 Stampin' Dreams Blog Hop. This month our theme is based on anything from the new Holiday catalog. Oh boy! Decisions, decisions, decisions!  There is way to many nice things that it is hard to pick just one thing. So, I finally decided to create a project with the new "Warm & Toasty" stamp set. Oh my these images are adorable and my favorite is the cute reindeer. 
My project is a fun fold card called "Faux Shadow Box".  It is a fun 3D card that folds down flat to fit into a standard envelop. 
To make this card you will need 2 pieces of card stock - one neutral and one contrasting. I am using Balmy Blue as the background and White with a layer of Snowflake Splendor DSP adhered over the top. I tried to avoid getting adhesive in the center of the card so that I could die cut it with the Stitched Shapes and use the white layer to stamp and color my image which I then adhered to the background layer (Balmy Blue). This creates a "peek-a-boo" look to the card.
The snowflakes inside the circle are suspended with window sheet to give it the effect of floating.  These have been die cut with the So Many Snowflake dies and Balmy Blue Glimmer paper. The center of each snowflake has a Blue Adhesive Backed Gems
Here is another look at my card showing the "Faux Shadow Box" & the suspended snowflakes. Such a cool effect!
The greeting was stamped in Memento and I used the new Banners Pick a Punch to flag the ends of the cardstock. The greeting has been popped up with dimensionals.   
I hope that you have enjoyed my Faux Shadow Box card. 
Like I said earlier, there are so many wonderful products in the new Aug. to Dec. holiday catalog. If you don't have a copy of this catalog and live in Canada, please use my "Contact Me" form on the left and I will send you one. 

Also don't miss out on my contest. 
Now please continue your blog hop journey and check out all the other amazing projects featuring products from the Holiday mini catalog.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

9 comments:

  1. Such a cute card, Tracie and I love this fun fold to showcase elements such as this. Great work. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! then I saw the fun fold - I'm a sucker for a fun fold! tfs

    ReplyDelete
  3. This us a gold I haven’t seen before, super cute card

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute card - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute card, I keep trying to resist this set x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute card, love the fold, paper and the image. They work so well altogether

    ReplyDelete