Alcohol Tech with Layering Diorama & Sea Life Dies


Hello and welcome to For The Love Of Stamping! Oh how I wish I could travel to some awesome beach with gorgeous coral! But I guess (for now) I will have to settle for the hope that one day travel will begin again! 

Today I have created this underwater odyssey using  Layering Diorama dies and Sea Life dies. I love these dies! I can think of  so many uses for them  and today I am sharing just one of those ideas (be sure to check back on the 19th - I am participating in a blog hop and I will be using the Layering Diorama dies again!). I am fascinated with seahorses. So when I saw the Sea Life dies in the 2021 - 2022 annual catalogue I just had to buy them! 


And look how awesome they pair up with the Layering Diorama dies! 

I have used a couple of techniques on my card. Starting with the Alcohol technique. Here I am using Isopropyl with Stampin' Blends and have blown the ink across vellum. I die cut both the seahorse and the coral from the vellum. The seahorse was then adhered to a white layer and the coral was adhered to balmy blue cardstock. It amazes me how using a different color to layer behind this vellum technique changes the appearance!.

The second technique is using Blending brushes and different shades of blue to create the underwater. I then sponged white craft ink over top to lighten some of the blue and give the appearance of bubbles.


I think what really tops off this
card is the metallic mesh ribbon mixed in with the coral. 

It totally looks like coral! So cool!

For the layers I have used dimensionals in between each to give the card lift.

And the final touch are the opal rounds. 

I hope I have inspired you to give the alcohol technique a try. Every time I do this technique I get something totally different!

Happy stamping!

Tracie 

No comments:

Post a Comment