Waves of the Ocean - Seas the Day

 

Foaming Waves of the Ocean
Hello and welcome to my blog. Today's post features an early release product from the 2022 - 2023 annual catalog - Waves of the Ocean. I have to admit I have had this bundle for some time now and just stared at it not knowing what I wanted to try first. 
Have you ever fallen in love with a stamp set and then struggle with what to do? I am guessing that I am not alone.
So here is my first card with this bundle. I love the "blue hues" and am really liking how this turned out. I decided to use my Stamp-a-ratus so that I could add more color if I needed to.

I started with Pacific Point and sponged Night of Navy randomly over the stamp and along the bottom. I then blended Bermuda Bay all over the wave (lightly) to fill in some of the white space. 

The horizon was blended with my "blue" blending brush and my "purple" blending brush. I didn't add any ink to the brush, I just used what was left on the brushes from previous projects. 
Believe it or not - if you "huff" on the blending brush that has residual ink it will transfer to the cardstock! 
The clouds were die cut using the Waves dies and New Horizons DSP.

Next I dusted off my Puff Paint and carefully (because it comes out super quick) daubed some over the crest of the wave and heat set. I did this a few time to build up the amount of foam on the wave.

Finally I hauled out a Christmas die (I turned Seasons into "Seas") and the Word Wishes dies to create the sentiment using Rainbow Glimmer paper.

Happy stamping!
Hugs,
Tracie

No comments:

Post a Comment