Ho Ho Ho Paper Pumpkin - Build a Snowflake

 Sometimes an idea just comes to you when you least expect it!  That's what happened when I was creating some treat boxes with the Cracker and Treat box die. This die makes adorable treat boxes - perfect for any occasion. It comes with a number of label & tag dies along with stars and hearts! But for me the coolest part of the die are the "left-over" pieces that fall out after you die cut the treat box - the 10 diamonds! After almost throwing them away the light bulb came on! What if I assembled them in a star shape. It was at that point that the second light bulb came on and that was to layer a Wonderful Snowflake on top! Eureka! A stunning snowflake that you can easily change up the colors for amazing embellishment for cards and tag!

This photo depicts how I assembled the diamond pieces. I started by using a piece of post it tape to hold the pieces in place and layered the diamonds with the pretty designs facing down. This is the back side of the snowflake. Then I punched a 3/4" circle and adhered it to the center. Once it was secured in place I removed the post-it tape and added a Wonderful Snowflake on the front and finished it off with a gem in the middle. 

Here is one of the cards I made with my creation. This card is one of the alternative cards that I made with the October 2022 Ho Ho Ho Paper Pumpkin kit. The DSP on this card is actually from one of the envelops. I couldn't let this paper go to waste and decided to feature it on my card and snowflake! Check out my next post for another creation with these snowflakes.

Happy crafting!

Hugs, Tracie


 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment