Gift of Giving - Merry Christmas To You

Happy Saturday!  It is a gorgeous day here in Ottawa - not too hot and not too cold.... it is just
right!  Today I hosting the first of 4 Christmas card classes. This is part of my Christmas Card Club that runs the 2nd Saturday of each month from September - December 2023.  Each of my guest make 6 cards - three designs - 2 of each. This class is featuring a new stamp set called Gift of Giving and this is one of the stamps in that set. 



Here's a look at the finished card.

Gift of Giving

Navy, white and silver are so classic together! Don't you agree? Notice that I have not coloured in the gifts?  I think they look best just embossed in silver and left to shine on their own.

Speaking of shine - check out that silver and white sheer ribbon - the silver is super shiny!

Here is a better look at the ribbon. I LOVE this new ribbon and boy does it tie into a bow easily! This is a MUST HAVE for your Christmas cards!

So if you are wondering where the silver stars came from, I used the Merriest Tree dies and silver foil. It is amazing how well these match the stars in the Gift of Giving stamp set.

The one I used is the one circled in blue.

Adding a dry embossed layer to your cards gives it texture and a finished look. Here I have used the new Christmas Tidings embossing folder. IMHO it just pairs perfectly with this sentiment. Notice that I lined up the embossed image of the gift with the top of my sentiments? It just was coincidental that the Radiating Stitches die was the perfect size. 
This new embossing folder is also in the Sept - Dec mini catalogue. 

Well I hope you are inspired by today's post to start your Christmas cards. It is never too early to start.
Thanks for stopping by and happy stamping!
Hugs,
Tracie

(Purchase the Gift of Giving stamp set from me and I will email you the instructions to make this card)









No comments:

Post a Comment