Beary Cute Faux Shutter ~ Fractured Card Technique

Welcome to For the Love of Stamping Canada, and thanks for popping by today. Today's card inspiration was drawn from the very talented Jay Soriano - Mitosu Crafts. You can see his design here https://mitosucrafts.com/2023/10/beary-cute-fractured-christmas-card-idea-gdp417  

I have put off doing this technique until I saw something that truly inspired me. This technique ~Faux Shutter/Fractured Card technique is so easy. I am using the Beary Cute stamp set with the Snowflake Magic specialty paper, Winter Meadow DSP and Stylish Shape dies. 

Faux Shutter Card


But, that is not all I have used. If you are like me you have all sorts of paper craft items in your stash and sometimes some of those get lost in the mass of items. Well I decided that I needed to use some of those items. I may have purchased them a couple of years ago, but I bought them for a reason and I really felt they needed to resurface and be shown off.

So there is the list of items that I also have used. 
  • sentiment is from Penguin Place
  • ribbon is pool party shear ribbon
  • trees in the back ground are call Christmas Tree dies.
I started with a white card base and layered the Snowflake Magic specialty paper on top.
I cut 4 strips of white @ 1/4", The glimmer square (has a bluish tinge) was then layered in the center - popped up on dimensionals. I started with 1 of the white strips and layered it along the top right edge of the square and then continued to layer the remaining strips around the square.
Next I cut a smaller square from dazzling diamond glimmer paper (SU retired) and cut it in half - not a straight cut - but made it wavy to resemble landscape. The polar bear was (mirror) stamped and fussy cut. The tiny trees behind the polar bear are die cut using the Christmas Tree dies and Winter Meadow DSP. I stamped 2 presents on white using Pretty Peacock in and color the strips with Stampin' Blends (Lost Lagoon & Pretty Peacock). Next, I stamped the sentiment in Versamark and heat embossed it with white embossing powder. 
And finally I tied a tiny bow using the Pool Party Shear ribbon (retired) and adhered it with a glue dot.
I hope you are inspired to try this technique!
Happy stamping.
Hugs, Tracie





2 comments: