Patchwork Merriest Trees

Hello and thanks for stopping by today. As I continue on my roll of creating Christmas cards I came up with this idea to combine the Patchwork dies with the Merriest Tree dies along with some of the Winter Meadow & Snowflake Magic.

Interestingly, I originally created this card using the Lost Lagoon shades from the DSP packs. For some reason I wasn't quite happy with the look. Don't get me wrong it  turned out beautiful, but, I wasn't "feeling" the colours.

Patchwork Merriest Christmas
Here is the first one I made. For some reason it feels like the white and lost lagoon tree patches are too washed out.

Initially I had a Lost Lagoon base layer and then I changed it too Pretty Peacock which made it pop more..... but just not quite enough. 

This version focal point is the Merriest Tree with the sentiment stamped in the tree. I chose to stamp tone on tone using Pretty Peacock cardstock and ink.

I layered the tree on a white circle that I embossed with Snowflake Sky embossing folder and added adhesive backed glitter sequins - I LOVE THIS EMBELLISHMENTS!!.

If you look closely at the card you will see that on top of the card base is a layer of white cardstock that I die cut with the Radiating Stitches dies.

So feeling "accomplished" with this card, I sat it aside until yesterday. Do you find that sometimes you love the finished card and then when you see it again you're like... hmm...what's "off" with this card. Well I landed on the colour pallet. It was throwing me off.

Patchwork Merriest Trees
So as any crafter would do, I redesigned the card in a different colour pallet using the Winter  Meadow & Snowflake Magic DSP. 

Crazy!  I know but is was bugging me.  So here is the redesigned card using the Starry Sky colour pallet..... now I am happy. 

I would be interested in hearing which one you prefer. Please leave me a comment below.

Happy stamping!

Hugs, Tracie




No comments:

Post a Comment