Fully Flowering Ephemera

Sometimes all you need are some ephemera pieces to create stunning and easy cards! 

Welcome and thanks for stopping by my blog today. Recently I received a package of the Fully Flowering Ephemera. If you aren't familiar with what Ephemera is a term that is used to describe a work of art (or a card) that only occurs once.   Huh!  

Well let's see what I can make with these "one-off" pieces of art! (good thing Stampin' Up! provides 2 sheets of each of the above).

Here is my first card.

The background is Azure Afternoon with a layer of Wild Wheat and then Whisper White. The white layer was embossed with the Distressed Tile embossing folder for texture.

Next I die cut 3 frames using. Unbounded Love dies. I die cut each of them twice - once in Azure Afternoon and then in Whisper White .

FUN FACT! The frame actually cuts 2 pieces. The outer edge creates a border! How fun is that?  This enables you to layer a different coloured frame WITHOUT having to layer the "next size" up behind! This is GENIOUS!

I started by layering the frames first. I chose the ephemera piece with the pretty blue flowers and the wild wheat stems and then I layered them with dimensionals in the center. I took another piece of the ephemera (wild wheat leave) and layered it behind the flowers.

I embossed the sentiment in white on black cardstock and fussy cut it. It was adhered with dimensionals as well. The final steps are to add some embellishments and a bow.

Here is my second card.

The base colour is Azure Afternoon on which I added a black frame and a white embossed (Eyelet 3D EF) layer. 

Using the "negative" pieces from the Unbounded Love frames from my 1st card (white frame and Azure Afternoon inset), I layered them the same way as I did on my first card.

I have die cut a gold deckled circle frame and tucked it under the top left corner of my frames. If you recall, on my 1st card I used one of the ephemera pieces (leaves) in this spot.

The flowers have been adhered with dimensionals. I replace the blue rhinestones from the first card with brass butterflies. 

Lastly I embossed the sentiment in white on black cardstock, fussy cut it and adhered it with dimensionals.

So how did I do?  I would say that I kept with the definition of "one-off" designs - right? 

I like how easy it is to create cards with the Fully Flowering Ephemera pack. I think you will too. They are available in my online store.

Happy stamping!

Hugs, Tracie

No comments:

Post a Comment