Over Stamping White Craft Ink With Coloured Ink

So I saw this technique recently posted and, although not a new technique to me, I wanted to create another card to showcase it.  I don't know if there is an official name for the technique but essentially it is done by stamping solid images in white ink on kraft coloured cardstock and then over stamping the images in coloured ink! 

I love this look and it is SO SIMPLE!!

Just be sure that the white ink is COMPLETELY dry before over stamping the coloured ink - I found out the hard way. I thought the white ink was dry....  it wasn't. 😳

It's all good - don't sweat the small stuff - right?

The "over stamped" colours are Petunia Pop (flowers) and Shy Shamrock (leaves).

The sentiment was die cut from the Wanted To Say dies and the circles were die cut in gold foil & white cardstock using the Stylish Shapes.

In keeping with the Fully Flowering Ephemera theme I added 2 of the die cuts to my card - they just happened to match perfectly! The other accessories are the 2024-2026 In Colour Resin Dots and Petunia Pop ribbon.

Be sure to give this technique a try - it is so easy and yet so effective!

Happy stamping!

Hugs, Tracie



No comments:

Post a Comment