Beach Day Tropical Background Sunset - Ink Blending

Warning! Today's project might make you wish you were relaxing on a beach!

I love blending inks! I especially love seeing new colours form as 2 colours merge like you can see here when the pink and yellow overlap.

Today I was inspired to create a tropical background by ink blending Tahitian Tide, Lemon Lolly & Magenta Madness on a 4 1/8" x 5 3/8" piece of white cardstock.

I then die cut the front panel of my card base with Countryside Corners dies to create an opening for my ink blended cardstock layer to appear through.

Before adhering the background in place, I stamped and die cut all the surrounding pieces using the Beach Day stamps & dies from Stampin' Up!

The palm trees were secured in place before placing the background behind the hexagon opening.

What could be better than relaxing by the ocean in a comfy chair surrounded by palm trees to watch a beautiful sunset?

I love the brightness of the colours I have achieved with this card. I would love to hear your thoughts!
Happy stamping!
Hugs, Tracie


No comments:

Post a Comment